PayPal Holdings, Inc. is an American multinational financial technology company operating an online payments system in the majority of countries that support online money transfers, and serves as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods such as checks and money orders.
A PayPal transaction works by transferring money electronically between the sender and the receiver through the PayPal platform. Here's a simplified breakdown of the process:
1. Account Setup: Both the sender and receiver need to have PayPal accounts. These accounts are linked to individual bank accounts, credit cards, or debit cards.
2. Initiating a Transaction: The sender initiates the transaction by logging into their PayPal account and choosing to send money. They enter the recipient's email address or phone number and the amount they wish to send.
3. Payment Processing: PayPal processes the transaction by deducting the amount from the sender's PayPal balance, linked bank account, or card. If the sender doesn't have enough PayPal balance, PayPal automatically uses the linked funding source.
4. Security Checks: PayPal performs security checks to verify the transaction, which includes fraud prevention and encryption measures.
5. Transferring Funds to Recipient: Once the transaction is approved, PayPal credits the amount to the recipient's PayPal account. The recipient gets a notification (usually via email) about the funds received.
6. Withdrawing Funds: The recipient can keep the money in their PayPal account for future transactions or withdraw it to their linked bank account or card. Withdrawal may take a few business days, depending on the bank and PayPal's processing time.
7. Transaction Fees: PayPal may charge transaction fees, especially for international transfers or business transactions. The fee structure can vary based on several factors, including the countries involved and the type of transaction.
8. Dispute Resolution: In case of any issues or disputes, such as non-receipt of goods or services, PayPal provides a platform for dispute resolution and may intervene to help resolve the issue.
Paypal ranks 5th for all accepted payment methods on https://merchants.to/
Paypal ranks 1st for accepted non crypto currency payment methods on https://merchants.to/
Paypal is the most common non-cryptocurrency payment method in the runescape gold market. Which means a majority of merchants will be accepting it.
It's fast, unlike some crypto currencies, the money hits the merchants wallet instantly upon sending.
In addition, there is no country limitation allowing merchant and customer to be in seperate parts of the world and do business with each other.
If you don't wish to provide ID verification, paypal is likely not the payment method you should be using, due to high charge back volume, many merchants will require some form of KYC before selling you the gold.
Buying OSRS Gold with Paypal is a very simple process on Merchants.to.
Follow these steps to find a merchant to whom accepts paypal as payment for OSRS Gold.
1. Navigate to https://merchants.to/currency/buy-osrs-gold
2. Click the "Filter payment methods." dropdown
3. Select "Paypal"
4. Only merchants that accept paypal will now be displayed. Simply find the merchant you wish to purchase from and visit their site to finalize the transaction!