Visa Inc. is an American multinational payment card services corporation headquartered in San Francisco, California. It facilitates electronic funds transfers throughout the world, most commonly through Visa-branded credit cards, debit cards and prepaid cards. Visa is one of the world's most valuable companies.
A Visa transaction involves several steps to facilitate the electronic transfer of money using a Visa debit or credit card. Here's a simplified explanation of the process:
1. Cardholder Initiates Transaction: The transaction starts when you, the cardholder, swipe, dip, or tap your Visa card, or enter your card details online to make a purchase.
2. Merchant's Terminal Contacts Acquirer: The merchant's point-of-sale (POS) system or online payment gateway captures your card details and sends a transaction request to the merchant's bank, known as the acquirer.
3. Acquirer Sends Request to Visa Network: The acquirer forwards the transaction details to the Visa network, which routes the request to the cardholder's bank, known as the issuer.
4. Issuer Authorizes Transaction: Your bank (issuer) verifies the transaction, checking account balance or credit limit. If everything is in order, it authorizes the transaction.
5. Confirmation Sent Back Through Network: This authorization is sent back through the Visa network to the acquirer and then to the merchant's terminal.
6. Merchant Completes the Transaction: Upon receiving authorization, the merchant completes the sale. A receipt is generated for you, the cardholder.
7. Transaction Settlement: The merchant sends the batch of authorized transactions to their bank for payment. The acquirer then settles the funds with the merchant.
8. Clearing and Settlement by Visa: Visa facilitates the exchange of transaction information and funds between the issuer and the acquirer, finalizing the financial transaction.
9. Issuer Bills the Cardholder: Finally, the transaction amount is posted to your account, and it reflects in your card statement, which the issuer sends to you.
Visa ranks 6th for all accepted payment methods on https://merchants.to/
Visa ranks 2nd for accepted non crypto currency payment methods on https://merchants.to/
Visa is the most common credit card/debit card in the world. Which means a majority of merchants will be accepting it.
It's simple, people have been using visa to pay for goods and services since the dawn of the internet.
If you don't wish to provide ID verification, visa is likely not the payment method you should be using, due to high charge back volume, many merchants will require some form of KYC before selling you the gold.
Buying OSRS Gold with Visa is a very simple process on Merchants.to.
Follow these steps to find a merchant to whom accepts visa as payment for OSRS Gold.
1. Navigate to https://merchants.to/currency/buy-osrs-gold
2. Click the "Filter payment methods." dropdown
3. Select "Visa"
4. Only merchants that accept visa will now be displayed. Simply find the merchant you wish to purchase from and visit their site to finalize the transaction!